Ali VU is a super slimline aluminium window with a polyamide thermal break giving impressive thermal efficiency. With a life expectancy of 40+ years. High performance polyamide thermal barrier giving U-Values as low as 1.1 W/m2K when calculated as a domestic CEN Standard window
Ali VU is a super slimline aluminium window with a polyamide thermal break giving impressive thermal efficiency. Available with a host of design options, Ali VU's strong super slim frame has a depth of just 40mm (fixed light) or 66mm with standard vent and is available in sizes up to a maximum of 1400mm x 1400mm, to give the widest views and maximise daylight in every room.
Ali VU is ideal for both domestic and large scale residential projects and is perfectly complemented by our Ali FOLD door range. The stepped face option also means that Ali VU is perfect as a modern, energy efficient replacement for heritage style steel windows in both commercial and residential buildings.
The Ali VU casement window has been designed to meet current and future building regulations, with impressive U values and thermal performances. Ali VU is an evolved generation of aluminium window and door systems manufactured in the UK. It combines the long life and low maintenance of powder coated aluminium externally with a polyamide high performance thermal barrier. Ali VU casement windows are capable of accepting glazing up to 44mm thick with other thicknesses available upon request.
- All aluminium sections are extruded using Aluminium Alloy 6060 or 6063 T6 to BS EN 755 part 9 2008 or BS EN 12020-2.
- Polyamide thermal barriers are manufactured in accordance with PA66 GF25.
- Gaskets are manufactured in accordance with BS3734.
Ali VU casement window sections are available typically in two finishes.
- Polyester Powder Coating to BS EN 12206-1: 2004 Part 1 - painted in house. Surface finish at 40 microns standard, or enhanced to 60 microns for marine environments, in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001.
- Anodised finishes are to BS3897:1991 to a minimum of 25 microns (AA25), supplied in either satin or polished finish in a limited range of colours.
Ali VU is constructed using mitred corners, joined with crimped cleats; alignment chevrons assist in clean, accurate mitres. Integral transoms and mullions are scribed around the outer frames and fixed with either screwports or shearblocks. A proprietary sealant is used on all metal joints in line with good practice. Opening window frames are designed to be inserted directly into the outer frames using friction stays