SF 52 Curtain Wall Systems
SF52 is our most flexible aluminium curtain wall system, designed to give specifiers a host of aesthetic options for every application, whilst making fabrication incredibly easy. With consistent slim 52mm sightlines and enhanced thermal performance to exceed current building regulations, SF52 is an elegant solution for both ground floor and high rise projects. All configurations have excellent weather performance, being fully CWCT and EN13830 weather tested and are 100% recyclable with a life expectancy of 40+ years.
It is a stick type front loaded system using spring pins and a specially designed cleat which allows square cutting throughout. The system can be either zone drained (via conventional pressure plate drainage or using a specially designed spout system) or it can be mullion drained. The zone drained system can be assembled capped, uncapped (using the SAS toggles) or combination of the two. Glazing ranges from 22mm to 50mm.
- All aluminium sections are extruded using Aluminium Alloy 6060, 6063 or 6083 (for improved strength) T6 to BS EN 755 part 9 2008 or BS EN 12020-2.
- Thermal breaks are extruded to BS 7619.
- Gaskets are manufactured in accordance with BS 3734.
The SF52 curtain wall system is available typically in three finishes.
- Polyester Powder Coating to BS EN 12206-1: 2004 Part 1 - painted in house. Surface finish at 40 microns standard, or enhanced to 60 microns for marine environments, in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001.
- Anodised finishes are to BS3897:1991 to a minimum of 25 microns (AA25), supplied in a limited range of colours.
- Mill finish.
The SF52 curtain wall system utilises square cuts throughout and is joined using a specially designed cleat and spring pin within the zone drained system. The mullion drained system uses a "lap" joint. A proprietary sealant is used on all metal to metal joints in line with good working practice. All internal gaskets are designed to mate with injection moulded corner pieces and are sealed at joints. Shear blocks and reinforcing sleeves are available.